So if you been following me since about – November I think? – then you might remember I posted about how to make the most of your hot chocolate!
Well I’m doing it again. Those little tips and tricks of mine are going to become a little series.
Without a schedule though because I suck at those.
So here’s 5 tips and ideas on what to do with Pie filling! Aside from using it as is in pies…..
- Blend it up (or don’t :L) and use it in baking as part sweetener, part flavour and even part fat substitute!
- Use it Milkshakes! Blend it with Ice Cream for an ‘Insert Flavour Here Pie Milkshake’
- Add spices, flavourings and other fruits and nuts to make your pie/crumble/cobbler more interesting. Think vanilla, cinnamon, walnuts and blueberries.
- Make a Fruit Salad! The ‘sauce’ of the pie filling makes a really tasty ‘dressing’ on the salad. You can also use this mix in layered desserts like trifles. Recipe here.
- Use it as a topping! Heat it up and top Ice Cream and Pancakes – or whatever your heart desires.