OK so I have a confession to make – I am subscribed to far too many useless email subscriptions and I get sent a lot of what I now consider spam, simply because I read none of it.
This now means that when I finally get around to filtering my email, I come across many important emails from months before hand.
And guess what happened this time? Yeah, I found that I had recieved A TOTALLY GREAT AWESOME EMAIL about 4 MONTHS AGO where I was nominated for a Liebster Award! I had this deep sense of sadness and embarrasement for never finding this sooner, but also joy that someone enjoyed my blog enough to nominate me and so although I am 4 months late on this (cringe), I am passing this along none the less, because this is reallytotallyawesomeandextremelyflatteringsothankyou.
And of course, huge thanks to the lovely women who nominated me; Christa & Regina over at Gardenias & Mint
, a lovely lifestyle blog that I like to frequent for their enjoyable writing and simplistic design (sometimes I like to pretend I’m a minimalist when in fact I just have a desire for a life simpler than my jumbled up one now, either way, I love your blog ladies!)
So a little background served me well and I now know that a Liebster Award is a way of recognising newer bloggers with small followings that have great potential. Someone thinks I have great potential! Yay. And after I’ll direct you lovely people to some more blogs you might not have known about, with a further 11 questions for them! Spreadin’ the loooveeee. (side note: I haven’t included 11 as I actually don’t read 11 blogs with a reader count of roughly under 200, but I will add to the list as I go to make sure I’m sending you guys to blogs I actually read! 🙂)
So without further ado, I shall be answering the questions Christa & Regina
sent me. Thanks again!
1. If you could live anywhere where would it be?
- Right now I have this dream of living in Chicago, however living in Australia or Germany or Canada also seems interesting to me. It makes no sense really as I’ve never visited any of these counties, however I do know I would love to live elsewhere than England in the future. I think I’m just fed up with the town I live in. It’s a bit uneducated really.
2. What was the best concert you ever went to?
- I’ve only been to 1 concert. It was a Katy Perry one just under 2 years ago and as I have little to compare it to, I would say it’s the best concert I’ve ever been to! I love me a bit of Katy Perry.
3. Any hobbies (besides blogging)?
- I also have a youtube channel which really is just a hobby as I procrastinate from it a lot, but I suppose vlogging is kinda like blogging no? I do enjoy myself a bit of DIY now and again, particularly of the artsy kind.
4. What do you do to relax?
- To be honest I have no idea as I’m tired almost 100% of the time, but always stressed too. I like reading and eating which I guess is more relaxing than not reading and eating. I am literally the worst ‘napper’ ever – my last nap resulted in me falling asleep for 13 hours.
5. How would you describe your personal style?
- Relaxed, wanna-be-grungy.
6. Favorite junk food?
- Fish & Chip Shop Chips. P
7. Favorite health food?
8. Cat or dog person?
- Neither, however I do appreciate cat clothing & accesories over dogs. #tacky
9. Favorite places to shop?
- H&M, new look and the occasional thrift shops (i say occasional because England needs to step up its game in this department)
10. Any celebrity crushes?
- Well I think we can all agree that Anna Kendrick and Emma Stone are pretty damn hilarious and equally as gorgeous.
11. Go-to accessory item?
- To be honest I’m not really an accessory girl but if I had to pick something it would probably be the small black leather cross body bag I take out with me on day trips where I need more than just essentials. Simplistic and chic (here comes back my illusion of minimalism)
Woo, hope you enjoyed that, a little different from the norm is good right?
AND if you read this far and would like to discover some new blogs, I highly recommend and nominate the following:
Along with 11 of my own questions:
1. One word you think others would describe you as?
2. Where do you most want to visit in the world?
3. Favourite clothing item?
4. Favourite breakfast food?
5. Daytime or Nighttime?
6. What’s your favourite season?
7. One song you’re loving right now?
8. What’s your favourite day of the week?
9. If you were to murder someone (up to you if that was intentional or not), how would you hide the body?
10. How tall are you?
11. Do you have any words that make you cringe?
So thanks again!